Fitness ambitions do not have to be abandoned as you become older. Old age may limit body movement to some extent due to weakening muscles and bones. Physical activity, on the other hand, can aid improve mobility in old age to some level. Exercise can assist keep numerous health difficulties such as cardiovascular illnesses at bay, in addition to enhancing bone and muscular health. Yoga is a well-known form of exercise that is practised in many regions of the world. It has the ability to relax the body, soothe the mind, and increase energy levels. It can also help you stay on track with your exercise goals.
Yoga for senior citizens
Here are some yoga exercises that can assist the elderly maintain their health:
The butterfly position is another name for this yoga practise. This exercise can be completed in the following manner:
- Sit with your legs folded in a comfortable position.
- Bring your feet together so that their soles are aligned and touching.
- Straighten your back and hold your feet with your hands.
- Hold the pose while relaxing your body.
Standing spinal twist stance is another name for this yoga practise. This exercise can be completed in the following manner:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your legs shoulder-length apart.
- Extend your arms in front of you.
- Maintain a straight spine, twist your torso, and glance back.
- Put one hand on your opposite shoulder and the other behind your back as if embracing the body while doing this.
- For each side, repeat the steps.
The cobra stance is another name for this yoga. This exercise can be completed in the following manner:
- Lie completely flat on your stomach.
- Place your palms beneath your shoulders and relax.
- Slowly raise your chest until it is arched forward.
- Relax your shoulders and regulate your breathing.
- Return your body to its original position.
- At least 5 times, repeat the steps.
The corpse pose is another name for this yoga practise. This exercise can be completed in the following manner:
- Place yourself on a yoga mat.
- Relax your body and keep your breathing in check.
- From your head to your toes, concentrate on each aspect of your body.
- Allow the power of yoga to work on your body by lying peacefully in this position for at least 5 minutes.
The warrior position is another name for this yoga. This exercise can be completed in the following manner:
- Standing with your legs apart is a good idea.
- At a 90-degree angle from the floor, stretch one leg backwards and the other forward.
- Make sure you’re in a lunge-style position.
- Extend your arms outward and maintain the stance.
- Return to your starting position and repeat the step on the opposite side.
Apart from this, you can also read our other Entertainment, Tech, and Sports related stories like M4ufree, M4uhd, GC Invoker Utility, VIPLeague, Moviezwap, The Equalizer 3, Eddie Murphy net worth, Baki Season 5, Frozen 3, Milana Vayntrub net worth, and Astrology related articles like crystals for protection.