According to a recent update to Cal Fire, Dixie Fire has burned 103,910 acres in Butte and Plumas counties, 17% of which are contained.
Butte County, California — Dixie Fire According to a Thursday morning update of Cal Fire, it burns 103,910 acres rapidly, containing only 17%.
According to the update, the fire will continue to move northeast. Firefighters continued to build control lines and worked overnight to defend the structure.
Air and ground fire extinguishing resources have arrived to assist in extinguishing the fire.
More than 1,500 buildings are under fire threat and eight have been destroyed so far.
The west bank of Lake Armana from northwest of Canyondam to Highway 36 on Highway 89. This includes the Rocky Point Campground and Canyon Dam Boat Ranch, as well as the communities of Prattville, Big Meadows and Lake Armor West.
PLUMAS COUNTY A recreation area in Plumas County, east of the Butte Plumas County Line. East Pramas Butte County Line to Twain Includes both sides of Highway 70 in the Rock Creek, Story, Tobin, Belden, Caribou Rich Bar, and Twain areas.
Meadow Valley, Bucks Lake, Bucks Lake Road. Riverdance, and everything west to the Butte Pramas County Line. This includes Snake Lake, Meadow Valley, Tallgate, Buckslake, Buckslake Highlands, and all areas around it. Caribou Road North of Hambag Road. And Humboldt Road. Intersection This includes the Belden Reservoir and the Bat Valley Reservoir.
read more Here Strengthening evacuation orders in Plumas County and Butte County (P Zones 1-12)..
Accounts to follow:
- Area from Tehama County Line East to Old Roma Road
- From Carpenter Ridge East to Skyway
- Skyway North from the Hambag Summit Line to Butte Creek
- Lassen National Forest Area All Fish Creek Areas on the Road
- Purga and Philbrook regions east of the western tributary of the Feather River
- North of SR70 West Magalia
- The intersection of SR70 south of the Purga Road and Plumas County Lines.
- Butte Meadows and Inskip Area
- Camp Creek Road
- State Highway 89 State Highway 70 at the north junction with Greenville Wai
- Oroville-Quincy Highway on Plains Road (4 trees)
- Riverdance Bucks Lake Road
- State Highway 36 State Highway 89
- State Highway 147 State Highway 89
- The SR 70 is closed 14.3 miles east of the SR 191 junction (Jarbo Gap at CALFIRE Station 36).
- Bucks Lake Road from West Riverdance to Mountain House in Butte County
- For current state highway / route information, please visit: roads.dot.ca.gov
Butte County Evacuation Map
Live evacuation map from Butte County It can be obtained from the following.
Preparing for a forest fire
According to CalFire2020 was one of the toughest fire seasons on record, with 9,917 wildfires burning 4.2 million acres. Over 9,000 buildings were destroyed and 31 people (civilians and firefighters) were killed.
California also experienced the first “gigafire” due to a complex fire in August, burning more than a million acres on its own. Four of California’s top five largest wildfires in history occurred in 2020.
If you live in an area prone to wildfires CalFire suggests Create a defensive space around your home.Can be defended Space is the area around the building Vegetation and other debris are completely removed. We recommend at least 100 feet.
Relation: Where are wildfires burning in the Golden State?
Homeland Security Proposes Assembling an emergency kit with important documents, an N95 breathing mask, and equipment to take with you if you have to leave immediately.The agency also suggests signing up for local alert system notifications to know your community’s evacuation plans. Great for preparing yourself and your family In case of a forest fire.
Some counties use Nixle alerts to update residents about stormy weather, wildfires, and other news. Sign up, www.nixle.com Alternatively, text the zip code to 888777 to start receiving alerts.
Relation: Are you ready for a wildfire? Here’s what you need to do to prepare for the fire season:
PG & E customers can also subscribe to alerts by text, email, or phone. If you are using PG & E,[プロファイルとアラート]Please access the section and register.
See more: Do paved roads, parking lots and buildings actually get hot?
Update and evacuation orders for Dixie Fire Source link Update and evacuation orders for Dixie Fire